On 22 June 2020 The Mary Millington Movie Collection finally receives a luxury release on Blu-ray. This five-disc box-set features beautiful HD remasters of Mary’s most legendary feature films from the late-1970s, including Come Play with Me (1977), The Playbirds (1978), Confessions from the David Galaxy Affair (1979), Queen of the Blues (1979) and Mary Millington’s True Blue Confessions (1980). Also included is the 2015 documentary Respectable – The Mary Millington Story. All of the films are making their debut on Blu-ray disc. Additionally, the box-set comes with a chunky 80-page illustrated book, written by myself, telling the story of the making of the movies.
This has been a much-cherished project of mine. I’ve been lobbying to get Mary’s most popular movies restored for over a decade, and now the wonderful Screenbound International Pictures have made the dream become a reality!
On each disc boasts a luscious collection of new bonus features, including eight new documentaries produced by myself:
- ‘Ten Million Dirty Words’ (brand new featurette about Harry Knights, the Nottingham-based porn writer who helped create Mary’s image).
- ‘In Bed with Josie Harrison Marks’ (new interview with Josie Harrison Marks, the daughter of ‘Come Play With Me’s director George Harrison Marks).
- ‘Confessions of a Photographer’ (new interview with George Richardson, the photographer who snapped Mary topless at 10 Downing Street)
- ‘David Galaxy and Me’ (new interview with actress Sally Faulkner, who recalls working with Alan Lake on Confessions from the David Galaxy Affair)
- ‘Mary on Location’ (new ‘Then and Now’ travelogue revisiting the main locations in Mary’s life and films, narrated by actress Judy Matheson)
- ‘Aural Sex’ (Mary Millington’s archive voice recording; with a new introduction by adult actress Clyda Rosen)
- ‘Millington/Sheridan’ (interview with filmmaker and writer Simon Sheridan)
- ‘8mmillington’ (compilation of the ‘tamer’ sequences from Mary’s hardcore 8mm films)
- ‘The Naked Truth’ (alternate 1982 introduction to the VHS release of ‘True Blue Confessions’)
- ‘Emmanuelle In Soho prologue’ (elements from Mary Millington’s True Blue Confessions were re-edited to create this prologue for 1981’s Emmanuelle in Soho)
- New ‘Come Play with Me’ audio commentary by biographer Simon Sheridan and actress Sue Longhurst’
- New ‘The Playbirds’ audio commentary by biographer Simon Sheridan and director Willy Roe.
- New ‘Queen of the Blues’ audio commentary by biographer Simon Sheridan and actor Allan Warren.
- New ‘Mary Millington’s True Blue Confessions’ audio commentary by biographer Simon Sheridan and executive producer David Sullivan.
- ‘Respectable: The Mary Millington Story’ audio commentary by director Simon Sheridan and the BFI’s Sam Dunn.
- ‘Response’ (8mm softcore short film, 1974)
- ‘Wild Lovers’ (8mm softcore short film, 1974)
- ‘Party Pieces’ (8mm softcore short film, 1974)
- ‘Sex Is My Business’ (8mm softcore short film, 1975)
- ‘Come Play with Me’ original 1977 trailer